During latest Christmas holidays I read State of Phygital Report that covers definition of “phygital”, use-cases and analysis of impact on existing industries and verticals. Below are some my thoughts around it.
I guess, many of us wait for more AR/VR features in our smartphones and consumer electronics. In fact, there are already dozens of features and apps are available today. So, what is the next step? The authors of the report believe that is is a Phygital revolution.
We see Phygital as the philosophy of a new world order, where Phygital essentially enables the close integration of the virtual environment (digital) into real human life (physical).State of Phygital report, 2021
Welcome to year 2022!
Last year the list had a decent mix of professional, fiction and non-ficton books. In 2022 I am going to concentrate to learn more about following topics:
- Psychology of decision making and influence. How we make decisions? What can persuade us and why? Answers on these questions help to understand how to build inter-personal communication and inspire people.
- Organizations’ efficiency. It is quite astonishing to see how different can be efficiency of organizations. This year I continue to study this area and learn about mechanisms that creates “1+1=3” effect.
- Visual story telling. Even I work today in a company that heavily relies on writing texts instead of creating slide decks, visually compelling content is a king. Structure, composition, color, size of picture and text are key components to keep audience’s always reducing span of attention on the topic.
- Personal efficiency. Last year I was trying to implement several useful habits to my daily routine and was only partially successful. I have realized that I need to learn how to create habits more efficiently. And, of course, continue to train ability to concentrate.
- Plus, some non-fiction titles as an entertainment.
Hereby I present you the Reading List 2022!
Leadership and communication skills
- Influence. The Psychology of Persuasion
- Social Architecture: Building On-line Communities
- Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences
- Atomic Habits
- Concentration: Maintain Laser Sharp Focus and Attention
- The Invincible Company: How to Constantly Reinvent Your Organization
- Crossing the Chasm, 3rd Edition: Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers
- The Oz Principle: Getting Results Through Individual and Organizational Accountability
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter
- Nudge: The Final Edition
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
- Emotional First Aid: Healing Rejection, Guilt, Failure, and Other Everyday Hurts
- New Power: How Power Works in Our Hyperconnected World–and How to Make It Work for You
- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World
- Project Hail Mary